FREE ACT PREP — ALL JUNIORS TAKE THE FREE ACT TEST ON FEBRUARY 28
We are pleased to offer the free Strategic ACT Prep Class again this year. Sometimes a single point on the ACT can equate to thousands of dollars in scholarship funding or can mean the difference between being accepted or rejected from your top choice school. Come learn effective strategies to use on this critical college entrance exam.
The class will be held Wednesdays after school (during PLC time) from 1:45-2:45 from January 25 - February 22. The class is designed to prepare Juniors for the February 28 ACT and will be offered free to the first 250 Juniors that register. Seniors may take the class for a $40 fee (paid in the Finance Office).
Students who take the bus will need to find their own transportation home after the class.
This year, the class will feature:
- An administered practice test and score report.
- A personal test mentor who will review each student's test and give personalized advice on how to maximize ACT performance through the Canvas online video feature. The test mentor will also regularly send email or text messages through Canvas to increase homework accountability.
- The Strategic ACT Prep student workbook.
- 5 class sessions (a kickoff experience plus one class for each subject covered on the ACT, see attached schedule).
- A username and password to access to all class homework materials and videos.
- Weekly prize drawings for students who complete homework
The class is free for Juniors, but you must register in order to have your student participate. The last day to register is January 13.Follow this link to fill out a brief registration form
with any questions.Make-Up Monday
- January 9, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- April 24, 2017
ONLINE SCHEDULING (Selecting classes for next school year):
SPECIAL PROGRAMS AND RECOGNITION OPPORTUNITIES:
For more detailed information about Pathways go to UtahCTE.org
MENTAL HEALTH & OTHER RESOURCES: